Eneco 3 – Finalising the prototype

During the
last few days we are busy finishing the prototype for the presentations coming Friday.
The last things are added to our ‘house’ and the electronics are fixed into it
as well.

 

For now the
only things left to do are placing a few outlets into our ‘house’  and connecting the electronics on the back. And
then… it will hopefully work! See u on Friday, studio 1!

Media 4-Meeting Building & Testing

Last friday, we  finished building the frame of the room, and go on making details inside.

In the morning, we joined the triage meeting with other teams and made a short presentation,

everything has went well so far, and the programme with lighting interaction worked as well as

we designed. Then, in the afternoon, we go to the next step- make the stop box come true~

 

As the fabric’s transparence, we improved our white screen(the one for showing movie with beamer)

Again, Lotte "drived" her sewing machine finalized the screen building.

At the same time, Rutmer got to the ending part of the programme’s building. Later, after

the scrren be built, Lotte and Rutmer recorded a new version of the sound for guiding. 

After Annet and Anne finished the lighting floor and selective board’s building, we started to assemble our"Stop Box"

together.


We used some connectwares for connecting all the walls and the ceiling.The holes on the walls are funny:P

 

 Did you find the swing ghost’s hand?

 

 And then, after the box’s building, we did a short tesing with beamer to see if the quality of the white

screen is good enough~~~yeah, it is! The final week, all the inside hardwares will be finished, and all

the softwares(Max5 and Flash) will be checked, of course all the report things… blog things…poster and

flyer things~~~~The exhibition is coming~

 

 

Here is the version 2 of our poster from Xiang, the flyer and poster are still on their way, we will see them

in the coming exhibition day~

Concept update

Here is an update on our concept. 

 

In the meantime, we designed a little charging unit. It resembles the charger of the Aqualight, with three places for the lights.

Here is a set of AquaLumi lights and a charger.

 

Exploded view of our concept. Everything but the wires are modeled.

 

A rendering/ impression of our concept in water with the blue LED on.

Prototype building progress

Here is a photo collection showing the progress of our prototype.

 

testing the software/hardware

 

does it work with water?

 

these Aqualights don’t know what’s in store for them… 

 

one Aqualight is decapitated 

 

studying the innards of the Aqualight 

 

will the components fit in our shape? 

 

here they are in better times 

 

rotating the mold for vacuumshaping 

 

the vacuumshaped inner cup 

 

inner and outer cup with the molds in the background

 

100010111001100101000101110010011101… 

 

sandblasted the outer cup for a frosted glass effect 

 

the prototype would be too light, so we added fishing leads to make it heavier 

 

will it still float?? 

 

it just floats above the surface with a full cup of water, perfect! 

 

don’t you just want to touch them? 

 

the resistors in our test-prototype 

 

the LED ‘spiders’ soldered in a compact module of 5 LEDs 

 

everything fits in our cups… 

 

to be continued…

Some minor changes…

As we mentioned before, the idea of having multiple AquaLumi’s together creating other colors is off the tracks. We decided the lights will change color when more water is added. The figure below illustrates the way the LEDs will react to the waterlevel.

Water level

As you can see, the first three levels only affect the brightness of the white LEDs. The fourth level triggers the blue LED and the fifth triggers the red LED.

 

Water level resistors

On the picture above the red wires are attached to the nano Arduino with a resistor in between. When the water reaches a certain level, the water will conduct electricity to these wires and the Arduino will control the LEDs accordingly.